1. Lehane, B.M., Jardine, RJ., Bond, AJ., Frank, R., "Mechanisms of shaft friction in sand from instrumented pile tests". J Geotechnical Eng., 119 (1):19-35, (1993).
2. Lehane, B.M., and Jardine, R.J., "Shaft capacity of driven piles in sand: a new design approach". In proceedings of a Conference on the Behavior of Offshore Structures, Boston, Mass., Vol. 1, pp. 23-36, (1994).
3. Kishida, H. and Uesugi, M. "Tests of interface between sand and steel in the simple shear apparatus", Geotechnique, 37(1): 46–52, (1987).
4. Fleming, W. G. K., Weltman, A. J., Randolph, M. F., Elson, W.K., Piling Engineering. Taylor & Francis Group, London and New York, (1992).
5. O'Neill, M.W., Hassan, K.M. Drilled Shafts: Effects of construction on performance and design criteria. Proc., Int. Conf. Des. Constr. Deep Founds. Orlando, FHWA, 1,137, (1994).
6. O'Neill, M.W. Drilled Shafts. Proc., International Conf. on Design and Construction of Deep Foundations, Fed. Highway Admin., Washington, D.C., Vol. 1, 185-206, (1994).
7. De Nicola, A. and M.F. Randolph, "Tensile and compressive shaft capacity of piles in sand", ASCE J. Geot. Eng. Div., 119(12): 1952–1973, (1993).
8. Kraft, L. M., Lyons, C. G., "State of the art-ultimate axial capacity of grouted piles". Proceedings of the 6th Annual OTC, Houston Texas, pp.485-504, (1974).
9. Alawneh, A. S. "Tension., piles in sand: a method including degradation of shaft friction during driving", Transportation Research Record No. 1663. National Research Council. Washington, D. C. Paper No.990092; p.41-9, (1999).
10. Lehane, B.M., White, D. J., "Lateral stress changes and shaft friction for model displacement piles in sand", Canadian Geotechnical Journal 42 (4): 1039-1052 August, (2005).
11. Lehane, B.M., "Experimental investigations of pile behavior using instrumented field piles". Ph.D. thesis, University of London (Imperial College), London, U. K., (1992).
12. Lehanc, B.M., Schnider, J.A., and Xu, X. "Evaluation of design methods for displacement piles in sand", UWA Report, GEO: 05341.1, (2005).
13. Ramsey, N., Jardine, R.J., Lehane, B.M., and Ridly, A. "A review of soil-steel interface testing with the ring shear apparatus", In proceedings of the 6th Conference on Offshore Site Investigation and Foundation Behavior, Society for underwater technology, London, U.K., pp. 237-258, (1998).